Midori no Kaze

Friday, March 09, 2007

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Ok, mighty cheesy, but yes I just finished reading it last night, the first and only book of Nicholas Sparks that I have read.  I didn't really appreciate A Walk to Remember and The Notebook, but this one I did.  It was about a couple married for 30 years who lost the "spark," but the guy (whose pov the book is written in) takes time to rediscover how very much in love he is with his wife.  So, he courts her again.  Awww...cheesy but really cute.  I love stories of married people sticking together through thick and thin.  Sometimes people lose sight of what marriage is supposed to be, but yes, no matter how gross this may sound, it is a commitment which is constantly renewed because you constantly choose it over and over again.  Yes, I learned something in theo.


Basta, this is a good read.  For those of you who have lost or are losing faith in the human race when it comes to good relationships, read this.  It's very hopeful.  So, I would like to end this entry with a long quote from the book.


"The events of the past year have taught me much about myself and a few universal truths.  I learned for instane, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them.  Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I've overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could do in a year.  But most of all, I learned that it's possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there's been a lifetime of disappointment between them."

2 comment(s):

bam! i love that book! ive read it a bunch of times already... i got really teary eyed at the end during the wedding! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 PM  

sorry, anonymous is Kia! hahah! forgot to put my name!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home