Midori no Kaze

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

SAGADA

SAGADA is the Bomb!!! It was definitely worth the 12 hour drive complete with off roading for about 5 hours of it. The view was beautiful, but here are a few highlights of my trip:

1. We climbed the mountain in Echo Valley. We sat for a while and admired the view. I saw the hanging coffins and I even made a sketch of the place. Then, I did my LIBERTY SCREAM!!! I screamed AAAAHHHHH!!!! so loud and high that the mountains screamed back. Hahaha.

2. We had lunch in Yghurt House. I had Indian Chicken Curry and Steamed Rice (SARAP!!!) Then I had pa banana yoghurt. The place is so nice. Parang Starbucks na kainan.

3. We looked at the view of the rice terraces and I got to sketch again. We made latag banigs and had a picnic on a clff. We stayed there till I finished my drawing of the 8th world wonder (yup, it's better than banaue)...besides, the sun was setting and it's pitch black at night.

4. The food there is excellent. In the Rock Inn (where we stayed), we had the whole place to ourselves and got to eat so much whole wheat bread and cheese. Our backyard was rock formations. hahaha.

5. The last but not the least, our bonfire in our backyard. We spent half the time trying to keep the fire alive. Then I decided to look at the stars. I really love how you can see them so clearly...even the smaller ones in between the constellations. Then, the best part...I saw a shooting star and made a wish :D

Sketching in Echo Valley

Sagada Rice Terraces

*Pics taken by Ate Caren.

They do no justice to the real thing.

2 comment(s):

Hey! Kinalimutan mo naman our off-roading to the almost peak of the mountain where the protector of the mountain came out with a gun... coz he was just trying to help us. And you forgot to mention our rustic mass in that church construction place, the walk going there a la Blair Witch Project with the dogs walking around.

By Blogger Caren, at 9:45 AM  

oonga no. how could i forget that, but since you mentioned that, it shouldn't be a problem :D hehehe. thanks ate c.

By Blogger Bambie Chan Carlos, at 11:19 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home