Midori no Kaze

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sonnet 17 by: Pablo Neruda

I was checking out blogs till I saw a quiz in Kuya Wap's blog that said, "Which Poem Are You?" Being a poetry enthusiast myself, or any type of literature for that matter, I decided to take the quiz. As a result, I found out that like my dear cousin and sister, I am Sonnet 17 by Pablo Neruda. This guy is a genius. He has an audio version of Tonight I Can Write read by Andy Garcia. It's just really nice.

Anyway, block away all negative feelings and admire or simply feel what you are about to read. After all, poetry is best words in best order.

Sonnet 17 by Pablo Neruda
I do not love you as if you were a rose made of salt or topaz
or an arrow of carnations spreading fire:
I love you the way certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you like the plant that never blooms,
but conceals within itself the light of those flowers;
and, thanks to your love, the darkness of my body
houses the suffocating aroma that arose from the earth.

I love you without knowing how, when, or where from;
I love you straightforwardly, with neither problems nor pride:
I love you thus, not knowing how to love you otherwise
than this way whereby neither ‘you’ nor ‘I’ exist…
so close that your hand on my chest is mine,
so close that your eyes grow heavy when I tire.

2 comment(s):

Patch Adams!!!

wala lang...

Hi Bam! ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

i was looking at quizes also and took the "which poem are you" quiz and also got "Sonnet 17", and i love poetry so i decided to look the poem up and read it and the seach engine brought me here!
~Lindz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home