Midori no Kaze

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Swimming 101: c/o Kuya Wappy

The Sunday Club resumed with more members this time. Our destination, the house we all grew up in and celebrated our best/happiest occassions, Lolo's house. I even had my debut there, but since he died, the house was renovated and a pool was installed in our garden. It ranged from four to seven feet, and it was pretty and blue. Then, part of the garage was converted to two bathrooms, one for the boys and one for the girls.

The day was perfect for swimming. The sun wasn't too bright and it was windy. The pool was really warm and the company was great: Kuya Manolo, Maricris, Kuya Wap, Ate Boom, Kuya Mandy, Regina, Ate Char, Macie, Ate C and me. Later on that day, Ate and Kuya Nicky followed. Buti pa si Macie and Regina, they can swim. Eh si Tita Bam...absolutely chicken. (I had a traumatic experience. I'm excused. I almost drowned in Hawaii.)

I was holding on to the edge of the pool for dear life. Kuya Wap was patient enough to teach me a few things. (Not like my swimming teacher who threw a coin on our first day and told me to look for it.) First, he was able to get me to go around the pool. Yup, even the deep part. Then, he taught me how to float. I can float!!! I was screaming at first, but I was floating till I realized Kuya Wap wasn't holding me anymore. Hehehe. It was hilarious. By the end of the afternoon, I was floating on my own, staring at the endless sky. Thanks Kuya Wap for swimming 101. Hehehe

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home