Midori no Kaze

Sunday, May 15, 2005

We Have Survived...

Sometimes, you just wanna get out of all the stress and chill out with your friends, especially when you haven't seen each other for ages. This afternoon, Mikey, Mars, Ate C and I decided to go to Starbucks in Blue Wave. That's in the reclamation area in Manila. We just wanted a change in environment.

Well, just our luck. A speeding taxi bumped us just as we were entering Blue Wave. The impact was so strong that the car turned 45 degrees and almost tipped over. All I remember was the sound of screeching tires, my head bumping and throbbing after and us turning. When we stopped, we could even smell gas.

Grabe, so many things could've gone wrong and I'm just happy that we're all alive and in one piece. Ate C has a few bruises on her, I have one on me but my head still hurts. Mars and Mikey have hurting heads and arms. We could've been in a worse condition, but even worse, dead.

To end that, Kuya is filing a criminal case against this guy and we're getting or heads x-rayed. What an adventure. It's not one I'd like to do again.

3 comment(s):

You know what, aside from getting the physical blow, I had a mental blow. I learned that:
1. I am not, after all, invincible on the road.
2. But I now also have a guardian angel/miracle story to share.
3. I'm a reed, not an oak, since I actually bent rather than broke. (Uy, nagrhyme!)
4. There are worse things in life than people who annoy you. It's the thought of never seeing them again.
5. And there are worse drivers that bus driver, that is, taxi drivers!!!

By Blogger Caren, at 11:00 AM  

Sorry kulit! Other mental blows:
1. Because I was on PMS season, I might have also been a "masamang damo" as well as have a greater purpose in life.
2. I am just as stubborn as my guardian angel.
3. If Yaya found out she would say, "Sinabi ko na...!!!"
4. For many reasons, I am terribly humbled.
5. And though I might already be joking about it now, I'll be carrying this to my grave.
6. And if you had gone "elsewhere", I would wish I were with you!

By Blogger Caren, at 11:08 AM  

whew buti you're all safe :) hehe there's this machine in Japan called the "seatbelt convincer" - as its name suggests, you'll want to wear a seatbelt all the time na LOL

By Blogger naivete, at 11:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home