Midori no Kaze

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A girl can bring her family great honor in one way...Part 2

Happy Birthday Macie!!! Posted by Hello

Today is Macie's birthday, as in her real birthday. In fact, I just came from a fantastic 10 course dinner in Peking Garden with Ate Char's Family and My Family. As in mega super sized platters and to think we were only 11. There was a sampler of seaweed, white chicken, some kind of ham and some kind of roll with carrots. Then, there was chili prawns, sweet and sour pork, peking duck, shalumpao, shark's fin soup, crabs, fish, salted fish fried rice and mango sago. I am so bloated. Oh, and did I mention two birthday cakes. Then, there was gift giving. Macie loves her gifts. She wouldn't let go of them till it was time to go home.

In line with my title for today's entry, I mentioned in one of my previous entries that according to Chinese custom, the person who does a baby's first haircut will be the one whose attitude the baby will take after. I just happened to be the person who was given this honor by Kuya and Ate Char a few months ago, and tonight was the night. After dinner, Ate Caren and I passed by Kuya's house and I gave Macie her very first haircut. It was scary cause she kept on moving, but she was smiling the whole time. It turned out pretty good.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home