Midori no Kaze

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tell the world of His love...

"For God so loved the world, He gave us His only Son..." This song was the song for the World Youth Day held in the Philippines in 1995. It was already 10 years ago since Pope John Paul II came to this country, and now, the whole world's attention is focused on what seems to be the last hours of the great Pope.
He is such a holy man, and I've obviously never known any other pope in my lifetime, but he seems to be all that. He was able to unite many countries through prayer and visitations & meetings. He was able to tackle many issues that confuse the world today like abortion, divorce and euthanasia. He definitely walked his talk. In this case, he reminds me so much of lolo. They look alike, they have the same aura, stood for the same things and coincidentally, suffered the same illnesses. It's quite creepy really.
I significantly remember my audience with pope in May of 1998 in the Vatican, more like St. Peter's Square. He was so close that I could touch his head if I wanted to, but that would just be rude. I just remembered mommy screaming at the top of her lungs, "Viva el Papa!" Wow! To be in the presence of such a holy man is breathtaking. Just imagine if it were Jesus, or God for that matter.
Now that our dear pope's life hangs, I hope he recovers, but at the same time, I hope he doesn't have to suffer. If God decides to take him, I hope and pray that his successor be guided to perform his duties well, always for the greater glory of God. At the same time, the world is also called to do the same, "to bring the message to everyone in a voice loud and clear..."

"LET US TELL THE WORLD OF HIS LOVE, THE GREATEST LOVE THE WORLD HAS KNOWN!"

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home