Midori no Kaze

Monday, November 22, 2004

This is so sad!

I was surfing the net for unusual Asian ads, and a site popped up in Google called The Heart of Asia. I thought it was my lucky day. Unfortunately, I was quite disheartened by the content of the site. It was a site for Mail Order Brides. Then on bold letters, 30 NEW BRIDES ADDED on November 19. The worst part is, these women are being sold at $2!!! My allowance is even bigger than that. Heck!!! Starbucks is even more expensive than that!!!

It’s a sad reality that people these days are being treated like commodities. Some of these girls are even younger than me…high school students even. I even saw one girl who took her masters, one who finished BS Nursing, another had a degree in Economics, lots of teachers and accountants, and even a doctor. It’s so sad that these women would subject themselves to that kind of treatment. No one is worth $2!!! Human beings have dignity above all else. I can’t believe they subject themselves to this. Even if they say it’s for money, these women have jobs and college degrees. People who don’t even graduate High School can be candidates for the Presidency. I’m just outraged by all of this. People deserve to be treated well, not like things we can shop for online. Even the stuff we order online are more expensive than them. (Sigh)

What is this world coming to?

1 comment(s):

I just had a thought. Baka they're also desperate women who want to get married but can't or don't find guys so they auction themselves off? But that's really stooping low. I'd rather be old, gray and single with my anime and bows and arrows than tell people I met this guy coz he bought me.

By Blogger Caren, at 11:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home