Midori no Kaze

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings...

When school has just begun, and you’re hanging on to that little bit of sembreak, and what a great one it was, it’s nice to think of the things that make you happy. Yesterday, Ate Caren and I watched Peter Pan before going to bed. When things aren’t going your way, you sometimes want to remain a child forever, “for what troubles a grown up will never trouble a child.” The sad or happy fact, whichever way you want to look at it is that all children grow up. Even my cute nieces will one day grow up and there’s nothing I can do about it. When I was a kid, I thought I would never grow up. (Well, until now, I’m still a kid, a very big kid that is. After all, that’s what Bambie means right? Child.) I guess, I have grown in many ways – crosswise, lengthwise, crosswise some more, thought-wise, and hopefully heart-wise. The only part of me that never grew is my eyes. Humph! Well, it’s all part of the grand design of things. If being a kid entails not knowing and feeling the things I know now, then being a kid forever is definitely not worth it. That’s what makes life so exciting. You’ll never know when it’s over until you look back at the things you’ve done and experienced. It makes us appreciate the here and now, and allows us to make the most out of it cause it will never come back.

If there’s one thing I learned from the movie, you don’t have to be a child to be problem-free. Even Peter had conflicting ideas about Wendy, so wouldn’t you say that Peter somehow grew up? Wendy certainly acted more like a grown up then she ever had been in England. Perhaps growing up should not only encompass what is physical, but what is mental and emotional as well. Everyone grows up. Not even Peter Pan is an exemption to this. You don’t have to go to Neverland to remain a child because you can be one where it counts: honest, simple, fun, caring, optimistic, helpful, imaginative, loving and so on and so forth. Just think happy thoughts, and you’ll start feeling like one already.

2 comment(s):

Crosswise some more?!? About the eyes, buti nga yours grew even a little. Mine never developed to begin with. Hmph!

By Blogger Caren, at 11:25 AM  

I feel like I'm so far from my childhood already. What I wouldn't give, even for just one minute, to feel like I would never tire out, never give thought to any worry beyond a 9-o-clock curfew, never lose sight of what it is to be happy without having to know why, never having to experience the total anguish of being in love.

Enjoy college to the fullest, Bam. I'm on my way out and you're halfway done. Next year, I can't afford to even feel like a kid anymore.

By Blogger fanboy420, at 1:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home