Midori no Kaze

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Starbucks Cafe Verona

It starts with a longing for adventure
To see the world.
But somewhere along the way you wander into a little village
And a small café.
You stay and the experience changes you.
When you’re eating, you eat.
When you’re drinking, you drink.
And when you love, well-the whole world is transformed.

--Starbucks Coffee
Café Verona – The Coffee of Romance

If all else fails and I have no means of getting to Starbucks, the smooth blend of Starbucks, specifically the Café Verona is all I need. Of course, it has to be brewed by Ate Caren or else it won’t do. The poem written on top is actually the label on the coffee pack. I just found it so nice. Yesterday, I went to Starbucks Libis, and the barista gave me a free Café Verona sticker, which I will stick on the planner I get, after I complete the promo stickers.

Anyway, back to Café Verona. I’m getting sidetracked again. Actually, I don’t know how I’m going to explain this poem. I really like it and to me it’s self explanatory. The sticker has something written on it too, but I’ll just stick to the poem for now.

You know how it is when you walk into a café (specifically Starbucks), everything just seems right. You have your favorite cup, and who knows, that small café experience does change you. Last long weekend, Ate Pebbles and I went Starbucks hopping. The funniest part is that the nearest one is Starbucks Medical City!!! Wahahahaha!!! We almost went there!!! We had great bonding time. That’s the beauty of Starbucks, anything can happen in there. Hahahahaha!!! I want coffee tuloy. I’m ruining the entry aren’t I?

Anyway, a while ago, I was carrying Macie, and we were ymming. She has a fascination for computers. Then, I was trying to make her aliw while Ate Char left to get something, and she was smiling the whole time. She can now sit by herself, and guess what, crawl at 5 months!!! After that, I painted her room. Now isn’t that a work of love. I’m now blue. As in, literally blue…my arm is anyway. I was just thinking, if it weren’t Macie, I wouldn’t be doing this, but because I love this baby, it’s so much fun. She’s so cute, I tell her everything cause I’m sure she won’t blab on me, but at least she reacts when I talk to her. And she looks like she’s really focusing on me. Talaga naman, when you love, the world is transformed. How could such a small person transform me? It’s something I’ll never know, but at least feel.

Please comment on this. I want to read your thoughts on this poem since mine are quite sabog, but there.

3 comment(s):

hey bam! what is it with coffee, random thoughts, unforgettable experiences and emotions that seem to not only fit together but compliment each other? is it the ambiance? is it the aroma? or is it the people involved in that instance? maybe, its everything. maybe its because, coffee is best served with conversations and thoughts. whatever it is it seems to compliment everything noh? You seem so content and happy and that's good :D i hope tuloy - tuloy na yan. i love the poem by the way, it doesn't answer anything explicitly but whoever's reading can come up with his or her answer for it.

By Blogger peter parker, at 11:35 PM  

HOY! Easy-easy lang sa pag-iibig, mahal kong pinsan. Musmos ka pa at marami ka pang iinuming karanasan. Mag-hunos-dili ka muna, sapagkat mapakla pa ang timpla ng barako mo. Ang ibig kong sabihin, mapakla pa rin ang bawat patak sa espresso machine, kahit na sa iyong pang-amoy ito'y nakaaanyaya.

Kaunting gatas muna, bibo kong baby, para hindi umasim ang sikmura sa siklab ng init ng bagong-timpla, at kaunting asukal, para naman tumumpak ang lasa: 'di mapait, 'di matamis, tamang-tama lang. Para pag iyong ininom, hindi basta-basta maglalaho ang dagitab sa dugo, ang alab sa guni-guni, at ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso.

Pareng Mike, hindi ka marunong magtimpla ng kape, matuto ka muna nang sa gayon ay masabayan mo ang husay ng pinsan ko, gago!

Speaking of Coffee, Hesus Maria Jose! Natikman mo na ba, Victoria, ang barakong Baguio-Benguet? Kulang nalang, nasa John Hay ka na talaga. Nakhu po! Baguio! Sayang, hindi makakasama si Mike itong taong ito, dadalaw siyang Europa e.

By Blogger fanboy420, at 8:10 PM  

It's simply the irony of life! You want something big. You find it in somewhere small. And you get a life-changing experience in a place of simplicity. [Parang sabog din yung interpretation ko ah! Hehe... =)]

By Blogger Alden, at 11:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home